All field staff at Delta Ambulance maintain current licensure with Maine Emergency Medical Services. At a minimum, Delta personnel have an Emergency Medical Technician basic license.
We encourage continued advancement in education. Delta employs paramedics on a full and part-time basis and many of our EMTs are engaged in educational programs to attain a higher level of licensure.
In addition to licensure, our paramedics maintain certification in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Providers (PEPP)
- Mass Casualty Incident Management (MCIM)
- Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)
- Geriatric Assessment for EMS Providers (GEMS)
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
And the special advanced skills of:
- Paramedic Inter-Facility Transfer (PIFT)
Many of Delta's paramedics hold additional certification in:
- Critical Care Paramedic (CCEMT-P), University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Maine EMS instructor/coordinator
Unlike other EMS providers who must perform multiple roles, patient care is the primary responsibility of Delta EMTs and paramedics.