- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Valid Maine driver’s license (within one month of employment)
- Maine EMT-Basic license
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BCLS)
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (NAEMD) National Academies of Emergency Medical Dispatch
Acquired within three months of employment:
- FEMA IS-700: NIMS, An Introduction
- FEMA ICS-100: Introduction to ICS
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Awareness
- Customer Service Skills
- Telephone & Radio Communications
- Keyboarding skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of process improvement
EMT Certification (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Time Benefits
Full Job Description
Delta Ambulance, the most trusted mobile healthcare organization in Maine, is seeking qualified and eager candidates for our immediate full-time and per diem Dispatcher openings. Starting salary is $18.50/hr with a scale based on experience. We also offer a $4.00 differential for nights and weekends plus a great full-time benefits package.
The Dispatcher performs a variety of functions associated with the delivery of pre-hospital emergency care and routine ambulance transfers. Personnel with this position designation are required to maintain specialized education.
Delta Ambulance provides emergency care services to 15 communities in the Kennebec County region as well as non-emergent transfers for 2 hospital systems and multiple continuing care facilities and nursing homes.
Delta Ambulance has the most robust Quality Improvement and Education program in the State of Maine. We would love for you to be part of our Delta Family! Join TODAY!
From $16.40 per hour; $4.00 per hour night & weekend differentials